1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
- got attacked by the same cat twice
- got incubated / invested in as a startup founder
- run Riyaaz program at 3 learning centres
- worked for pay with street kids
- traveled for work- Rajasthan, Bangalore and Hyderabad
- been in a borderline abusive relationship
- given an ultimatum in a relationship
- went to Sharma Farms
- started doing morning pages
- meditated consistently for a stretch
- worked out of Mumbai
- been to a wedding/ nikaah (Taj and Farha)
- worn sarees regularly
- been the most hungover i’ve ever been
- shaved my head
- designed a program that went into execution (InnovatED)
- been on Teach For India staff
- been in the news twice!(once for shaving my head, once for Riyaaz)
- been approached by a media outlet to feature Riyaaz (Vagabomb)
- had a serious pregnancy scare
- used condoms religiously
- asked a gynac about sex stuff/ taken meds and shoved a thing up my vag for thrush
- pooped in a dustbin in public + told bf about it
- pooped in front of someone
- got my kids to come over to my house
- seen the street art at lodhi colony
- bought and learned to play the ukelele
- inktober- almost full- put up my art in public
- gotten very into drawing plants
- made writing art
- quit smoking
- got an amazing work eval part of which was my personality and being authentic
- hosted webinars
- got gifted clothes by partner’s mum
- hired a cook
- lived with my boyfriend and ex
- wisdom tooth extraction surgery
- drew on eyebrows.
- ordered lingerie online.
- hosted an induction
I sang but didn’t work out or write much. I didn’t make any really. This year I will.
Within India- Rajasthan mein Jhunjhunu district, Bengaluru and Hyderabad in AP
A better commitment to fitness and health. More writing. Revenue from Riyaaz as a company. A registered non profit. Therapy. A book underway publishing. More practice with the ukelele. Singing classes.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working model of Riyaaz and sessions underway- first quarter done. Quitting smoking. Good mid year LDJC. UnLtd incubation.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Yes. Catbite and rabies shots.
N and B for being best roomies. B for taking conscious steps to become sorted and calmer and abstaining from spirits for a long time.
Paying back N borrowed money. Rent. Ordering in I suppose.
Meeting Tanuka. UnLtd incubation. Ukelele.
I was really relieved about vacay at the end of the year and saddned by the last few days. I’m happier now- no shocks, no cray excitement- was waiting for B to come last year.
Spent more time with the uke. Waking up early.
Lying around. Putting off communicating.
The Crown for a while. Jessica Jones when it was ongoing.
23. What was the best book you read?
- Purple Hibiscus
- The Crossroads of Should and Must
- The House on Mango Street
- On Love
- Eleanor and Park
- A Monster Calls
Incubated. The roommate situation to work out. Apology/ acknowledgement from N’s friend. To stay close to Piu. B to move in and it to be wonderpants.
Great sex, magical relationship, big friend group in the city.
Less stupid work comms stuff, more Riyaaz money stuff, more singing through music classes.
Bhaskar Neelu Piu Shalmi.